NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Working from your office in the heart of the Sydney CBD you will take a very “ad-hoc” accounting system and streamline it into a very well-oiled machine. Through sourcing and managing the right “virtual assistants” you will scan incoming invoices and then manage the fortnightly Aged Payables list with the director. Your budgeting skills will be put to good use as you help plan quarterly stock purchases in advance and monitoring the foreign currency accounts you will know when to pay suppliers utilising the best rate. Your management skills will formalise credit card use and provide systems such as Xero to make sure reporting and managing staff expenses is simple and effective. The bank accounts will be balanced weekly and you will have an up-to-date daily understanding of all cashflow and expenses, carefully monitored using some advanced reporting tools. You will transform the accounts department to a cutting-edge, clean, efficient department with as much automation as is available (benefiting from reporting systems that are already being developed to achieve this).
As the Accountant, you will manage your client portfolio and provide exceptional accounting and financial services. Working as part of a close knit team, you will represent the practice’s brand and ensure you provide these services in an ethical and professional manner. Duties/Responsibilities Reporting to the Director of the Company, you will be responsible for:
• Managing supplier payments and budgets
• Streamlining scanning, outsource data entry
• Preparing and reporting bank reconciliations
• BAS, tax returns
• Payroll (using TADA/MYOB)
• Assisting the Director with overall management of the business
• Providing full function AP, AR and other accounting duties as required
• Stock and sales budget and financial performance management (using systems already in development)
• Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience/managing accounts •
• Degree qualifications and experience
• Experience with various systems Xero, MYOB, advance excel and similar
Become part of a close knit team with an organization that continues to grow and promote internal progression. You will be rewarded through on-going professional development and mentoring. There is already room to grow the scope and reward for this role for the right person there is no glass ceiling in this company!
$77,000 P.A. inc super + $15,000 Performance Bonus.
We will sponsor the right person into Australia for this role.
How to ApplyPlease send resume to: Jason@australianopalcutters.com
693 total views, 2 today