At Aveo, Australia”s leading retirement community owner/operator, we are seeking a pro-active Assistant Accountant basedin our office in Sydney”s CBD.
About the Role
Within this role, you will assist the Finance Team by preparing financial statements and general accounting support for our teams, villages and residents. You will be comfortable working towards strict deadlines and building relationships with our customers, both internal and external.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance, reconciliation and presentation of all retirement community financial statements;
- Assist Levies Officer in maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts for communities as required;
- Check coding for GST codes;
- Assist Corporate with monthly BAS as required;
- Adequate files and work papers for audit purposes, in keeping with legislative requirements and QA procedures;
- Ensure general ledger reconciliations are maintained with issues chased up regularly keeping reconciliation items to a minimum;
- Answer Community queries promptly and effectively;
- Liaise with Community Managers and Aveo staff as required; and
- Ad hoc duties with regards to the financial obligations and administrative responsibilities of Aveo.
Skills & Experience Required
- 2 years” experience in finance and administrative roles;
- Experience with Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss;
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems;
- Experience in maintenance of high volume accounts;
- Experience in account reconciliation;
- Industries experience an advantage;
- Data processing;
- Able to work with minimal supervision; and
- Intermediate in all Microsoft Office applications;
- A Team player.
About Aveo Group:
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo”s philosophy is underpinned by our values (Kindness, Care and Respect) and a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently do so for 13,000 residents in over 93 retirement communities across Australia.
Over 30 years, Aveo”s portfolio has grown to one that encompasses retirement, home care and residential aged care communities. At Aveo we are redefining retirement for all Australians; through our people, our services and every one of our communities.
Aveo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on our employees. We treasure skills, expertise and commitment. Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward and retain the best people in the industry.
To apply, please click on the Apply button!