Client is a prestigious Australian Bank. They require a Devops Engineer with experience working with MongoDB to join an existing team responsible for their cloud based MongoDB service offering.
- Building, scaling and running our in-house private cloud MongoDB service offering providing a self-service platform for the organisation’s business and software development community.
- 3+ years of professional experience at either coding at Shell level or administering Unix/Linux based operating systems – An expert coder at Unix/Linux command line with in-depth knowledge on operating system and TCP/IP networking interfaces.
- You have no issue reading code in these languages and perform debugging functions.
- 2+ years of coding or administration experience with at least one RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB, DataStax/Cassandra, Redis, HBase, Neo4j, DynamoDB, Couchbase) products.
- If you are a database coder, you are familiar with set based operations, SQL and various driver/command line interface with the products that you worked with.
- If you are an administrator, you are fluent in operational tasks such as monitoring, patching, performance tuning, backup and recovery, environment management for the products that you have experience on.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience or knowledge with containerisation technology such as VMWare or docker container.
- Familiarity with JIRA or other agile planning tools.
- Ability to perform deep analysis on infrastructure (OS, network, container), database and applications. 1/2
- Knowledge of server side security technology and/or security coding practices.
- Working knowledge of services on public Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS and Azure, using containers & container orchestration platforms ( VM, docker, kubernetes, openshift).
- Coding experience with Ansible or other IT automation tools. Expectations
- Design, build and operate NoSQL platform service to achieve resilience ( high up time ), scalability ( automated and codified process of scaling out ) and clarity ( detailed Matrix to show the health of the system at all levels).
- Manage and scale NoSQL service offering involving a new and rapidly expanding cluster fleet.
- Perform operational and monitoring tasks for the database systems under the context of VM or other container for both production and non-production environments.
- Participate in 7×24 shift work for operational support.
- React to database related platform issues.
- React to OS container behaviour changes, metrics. Evaluate impact on database assets and action accordingly.
- Contribute in code to building and maintaining NoSQL database platform-as-a-service technology stack. This includes infrastructure automation, configuration management and application code.
- Deploy platform and tenant builds across both production and non-production environments.
- Provide and receive meaningful and concise code review .
- Contribute regularly to optimise operational process via continue improvements on automation and quality control. The aim is to come up with well-thought-out sustainable long term solutions.
- Execute production tasks with a calm and disciplined operational mindset.
- Relentlessly pursuit the success of your colleagues in the team.
Click below to apply or contact Steve McDermott on or (see below)
Contact: Stephen McDermott
Job: Not Specified